REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
To ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained while providing therapy services to the patients and supervising the therapy assistant(s) in the performance of therapy services, in accordance with current federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or Master’s program in physical therapy accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Hold a valid and current license to practice physical therapy in state employed.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possess and maintains current CPR Certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a physician’s written plan of care. This may include, but not limited to:
- Assessing and evaluation therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, range of motion (ROM).
- Directing physical therapy treatment
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train in the use of prosthetic device.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals as directed by the Company policy.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
- Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by the Company’s policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refer
- Instructs patient’s family/caregiver and other Company personnel in patient’s treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises physical therapy assistants according to Company policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every fourteen (14) days.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned