REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Graduate of a school of nursing program and currently licensed as an LPN by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Patient Care Coordinator (PCC).
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.