Travel RN - Alabama Only
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus**
Comfort Care Home Health is seeking a Registered Nurse that enjoys to travel. RN will work as a RN Case Manager at any of our 10 offices throughout the state. Assignments typically are at least one week at one location and no weekends, holidays or on call requirements. Comfort Care covers your travel expenses - hotel, meals and mileage. Productivity bonus offered.
Plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
- Graduate of a school of nursing program and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
- Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good communication and management skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must hold a current and valid CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or Company requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a plan of care, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty (60) days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- nsures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every fourteen (14) days.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.