Physical Therapist Assistant
**Sumter, Marengo, Greene, Pickens Counties**
REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
Under the Supervision of a registered therapist ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained while providing therapy services to the patients, in accordance with current federal, state, local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility.
- Graduate of a physical therapy assistant curriculum accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Must hold a valid and current license in the state employed.
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a licensed physical therapy assistant.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct physical therapy according to the directions of the registered physical therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the registered physical therapist any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Submits clinical documentation in accordance with Company policy.
- Follows treatment program and goals for improved patient function as established by the registered physical therapist. Documents patient’s response to treatment plan and progress toward established goals.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care. Documents such communication in accordance with Company policy.
- Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Company policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients.
- Utilizes physical agents, including, but not limited to, heat, cold, water, light electricity, ultrasound and massage.
- Participates in instructing patient’s family/caregiver and other Comfort Care Home Health personnel in patient’s treatment regime as delegated by the registered physical therapist.
- Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned