Responsible for routine clerical matters and assuring that documents flow in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience. Health care related experience, preferred.
- General knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, medical records and office procedures.
- Basic knowledge of office machines.
- Basic knowledge of telephone skills.
- Aptitude or computer data entry and use of current software systems.
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides assistance to the Administrator/Branch Manager, preserving the confidential nature of items of which he/she has knowledge.
- Maintains the files, supplies, postage and general office condition in an orderly manner.
- Handles all correspondence and word processing for the hospice agency.
- Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Answers telephone inquiries and channels them appropriately.
- Files hard copy clinical notes/orders/consents, etc.
- As necessary, sends physician’s orders for signature. Keeps current log of what is sent and tracks receipt of signed documents.
- Responsible for gathering and recording staff members’ daily records, i.e. mileage, visit times, etc.
- Tracks admission, discharge, case conferences and certification and re-certification dates on all patients.
- Closes patient’s clinical record when discharged.
- Maintains current patient statistics utilizing the current computer software.
- Responsible for assisting with audits of patient information.
- Participates in and assists with community activities.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.