REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
The social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
- Graduate of a bachelor’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in health care.
- Must be a licensed Social Worker in the state to be employed.
- Experience in a home health care preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for Company patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Company personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and Company personnel.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Adheres to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.