REPORTS TO: Patient Care Coordinator
To assist the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) in leading and direction of the overall nursing operation of the agency in accordance with patients' needs, physician’s orders, governmental regulations approval for delivery of care.
- Graduate of a school of nursing program and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with other health care clinicians, development of home plan of care, knowledge of third party reimbursement, and ability to negotiate payment rates.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent observation verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform initial visit and identify the patient’s physical, psychosocial, and environmental status to evaluate if the patient meets the agency’s established admission criteria. If the patient meets the admission criteria, the admission nurse conducts the initial assessment.
- Presents and explains to the patient and/or his/her representative of patient rights, including home health hotline, release of records, advance directives and related procedures.
- Initiates service agreement and any financial liability.
- Explains procedure for receiving and investigating complaints, consent for services, insurance information, assignment of benefits, patient responsibilities and emergency plan for the patient.
- Communicates processes of the agency.
- Checks any medications the patient may be taking to identify possible ineffective drug therapy or adverse reactions, significant side effects, drug allergies and contraindicated medication.
- Conducts a complete medical history, family support systems, home environment and safety issues.
- Initiates plan of care, involves other disciplines, as appropriate, in care planning and goal setting. Communicates the plan for services to the patient, family and team members.
- Coordinate, implement and manage administrative functions and areas of programs related to nursing services which may include: documentation or medical records, nursing supplies, ancillary supplies or services, agency PI; Care Plans; Infection Control; Skin Care Program; Special Programs; Staff Scheduling ; Selection, Training, Orientation or related functions.
- Participate in care twenty four (24) hours, (7) days per week as scheduled.
- Complete supervision of nursing care home health aide assignment sheet, as well as, supervision and documenting the plan of care. Assignment sheets are updated as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Ensure the Patient Care Coordinator in supervising, conducting and participating in department and agency education activities and staff meetings as requested.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.