REPORTS TO: Director of Revenue Cycle
Responsible for managing accurate, timely completion and submission of all the billing, collections, and accounts receivable functions of the organization.
- At least three (3) years of experience in health care billing and collections management preferably in home care operations. Billing information systems knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct personnel.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations and
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated capability to accurately manage detailed information.
- Able to deal tactfully with patients, family members, referral sources and payers.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must be capable of performing the functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations and effective accounts receivable management.
- Ensures that billing and patient accounts record systems are maintained in accordance
with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal and CHAP regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of payor contracts and ensures that payers are billed according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serves as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Assist in gathering reports and key billing information for senior management.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, family members, payors and referral sources.
- Protects the confidentiality of patient and Company information through effective controls and direct supervision of billing operations.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.