To provide support to the Sales Consultants. This support role is meant to facilitate and expedite the Company’s inquiry and referral to admission process. To help coordinate the referral process of patient’s being discharged from a hospital or post-acute setting to the home setting. Assist to facilitate in the provision of home care to patients as referred by the attending physician or others.
- Completion of post-secondary education preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
- Must have related administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to patients, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be capable of maintaining regularly scheduled attendance.
- Knowledge of reimbursement programs for payor sources, preferred (or ability to learn).
- Demonstrates excellent communications and public relations skills.
- Must hold a current Alabama driver’s license and maintain current automobile liability insurance.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for taking inquiry calls from hospitals, families, etc. and assisting in the referral process.
- Ensure that responses to inquiries are handled properly, timely and with appropriate follow-up.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency re: census/premium mix enhancement and management.
- Communicate special needs of new patients to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Collect and analyze data on business contacts, referral patterns and customer preferences for efficient territory management.
- Monitory inquiry, admission and census trends as part of Performance Improvement.
- Prepare inquiry summary reports, inquiry log and other reports as required.
- Monitor all active and inactive inquiries and evaluate who we were able to admit.
- Share results with management team and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Alert Sales Consultant and/or appropriate department heads and agency staff of projected admissions.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales Consultant and clinical care staff to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions.
- Participate in team conferences, staff meetings, in-services as requested
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations and reimbursement (Medicare and Medicaid).
- Monitors and reports cost-effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.