REPORTS TO: Agency Administrator / Branch Manager
Responsible for maintain accurate patient schedules in the computer system daily for billing purposes, supply inventory and other related clerical duties, and backup telephone responsibilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Two (2) years data entry experience. Health care related experience, preferred.
- Previous health care related billing experience, preferred
- General knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, medical records and office procedures.
- Basic knowledge of office machines.
- Basic knowledge of telephone skills.
- Aptitude or computer data entry and use of current software systems.
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules Start of Care (SOC)/Resumption of Care (ROC) from Intake to include any therapy orders on referral.
- Inputs SOCs into referral log.
- Collect reports from field clinicians to schedule frequency ordered in addition to any other disciplines that may be needed.
- Check patient episodes to make sure correct discharge visit is assigned if multiple disciplines are in the home.
- Check therapy episodes to ensure supervisory visits and discharge visits are scheduled correctly.
- Schedule on-call nurses.
- Obtain coverage for clinicians that call in sick or have requested Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Maintain hospital list and follow up on it daily including scheduling transfers, discharge summaries and resumption of care visits.
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of medical supplies/items needed to provide appropriate patient care, notifies Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) when inventory needs to be restocked.
- Assists with answering telephone promptly and efficiently. Responds to message content appropriately. Records telephone calls into call log.
- Assists with processing new patient referral information into the computer system in a timely manner, as requested.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.