REPORTS TO: Agency Administrator / Branch Manager
Assess, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the nursing care provided to home care patients. Coordinate the interdisciplinary care by working through a team of case managers, home health aides and other health care delivery professionals in accordance with patient needs, government regulations and Company policies so as to maintain excellent care for the patients.
Must hold a current and valid clinical license (RN, SLP, OT, PT).
At least two (2) years experience with a minimum of one (1) year of home health and supervisory experience.
Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good communication and management skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with management staff and Agency Administrator/Branch Manager in planning all aspects of the nursing operation, including establishing priorities and job assignments.
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of the patient’s plan of care, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist and coach as needed.
- Monitor the delivery of patient care, and the effective coordination with other support services.
- Perform on-site evaluation for field employees within ninety (90) days of hire and then annually. Perform on-site field supervision, as needed, to proactively identify problem areas, verify adherence to agency policy and procedures and assume that care/service is appropriately provided.
- Assist the Agency Administrator/Branch Manager with the agency’s Performance Improvement Plan and Clinical Record Utilization review process.
- Coordinate, implement and manage administrative functions and areas or programs related to clinical services which may include; coordination of twenty four (24) hour coverage, seven (7) days a week.
- Review documentation for compliance with Medicare/Medicaid guidelines; necessity of services and compliance with physician’s orders.
Coordinate, conduct and maintain accurate records of all clinical in-house meetings to include:
- Patient Case Conference
- Clinical Staff Meetings
- In-Service Education Programs
Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
Comply with employment laws and Company policies to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution and maintain a positive work environment.
Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.