REPORTS TO: Director of Intake
The Referral/Intake Assistant is responsible for the accurate and timely patient referral data and other clerical duties as assigned.
- At least one (1) year of previous health care related experience, preferably in home health referral and intake.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to patients, families, physicians, and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this positions with or without accommodations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers telephone referrals and assist with other patient phone calls.
- Verify referral information and register patient information into computer system.
- Verify Medicare information in HIQA.
- Verify private insurance information, including HMOs.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility in EDS.
- Send out new referring physician rights and responsibilities.
- Perform annual physician licensure check for all referring physicians.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and CHAP referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.